The mission of the Security Innovation Network (SINET) is to advance innovation and enable global collaboration between the public and private sectors to defeat Cybersecurity threats.
The Security Innovation Network (SINET) is working hard to advance innovation in cyber security. Our mission is to foster collaboration between the public and private sectors to protect our nation's economic and national security interests.
For the past five years SINET has created a program of hosted events. Foremost of these are our IT Security Entrepreneurs' Forum and the SINET Showcase. We are also adding our first SINET Government-Industry-Academia Innovation Summit at MIT on October 4, 2011.
Attendees have found our events highly productive and have approached us about developing ways to fill the space between events with a flow of ongoing information. They have also asked us to create ways they can become more involved in SINET activities. After careful consideration and consultation with our colleagues in the Cybersecurity community, we have launched the SINET Membership program to meet this need.
The Membership program focuses on finding "change agents" within companies and organizations who understand the need to advance innovation within the Cyber security ecosystem. Member activities focus on building and strengthening relationships, establishing and sharing thought leadership in the community, and accelerating innovation in the Cybersecurity sector.The membership program features:
- A model similar to an "industry organization" for the stakeholders within the Cybersecurity ecosystem -- one that leverages the collective expertise of our community by connecting builders, buyers, researchers, policy makers, and investors,
- A mechanism whereby members can have a bigger "voice" in helping us evolve the programs and activities that are critical to implementing the SINET mission,
- Ongoing opportunities for our members to identify and network with industry, academic and government leaders in intimate and highly focused events,
- A means for adding the cyber security research community to the mix of small and large companies that participate in the SINET Exchange. The Exchange is the comprehensive cyber security industry community platform that we are currently building in a partnership with Jive Inc. The Exchange is designed to enable researchers, system integrators, investment bankers, venture capitalists, industry executives, and the Federal Government's cyber security stakeholders to keep abreast of the activities and evolution of the communities that are keeping our nation's IT systems secure.
The SINET Membership Program Offers Important Benefits:By joining SINET your organization will be eligible for:
- Opportunities to define and participate in joint research projects and white papers dealing with industry issues and technical topics,
- Access to the SINET Exchange online community
- Access to several new programs that will serve to connect researchers to innovators in the cyber security industry, connections that will serve to bridge the gap from idea to commercial products.
- A 20% discount off the price of sponsorship for SINET events
- A 25% discount from regular admission price for up to 3 people at SINET events
- Joint promotion within the SINET community - including use of the SINET logo on member website and marketing materials
This category is for firms that are developing a first product or starting to gain traction in the marketplace. Particular attention will be paid to addressing:
- Financing sources
- Technology Collaboration
- Partnering opportunities
- Finding innovative products
- Tracking and participating in leading edge research
- Integrating new technology into existing systems
- Securing critical infrastructure
- Performing research sponsored by government agencies - either basic research or research for the development of specific technologies - that is focused on cyber security and driving innovation through leading edge research
- Developing collaborative relationships with other universities and research organizations by promoting research and investment opportunities as well as sharing intellectual property
- Transforming university-developed cyber security technology into commercial products and services.
- Ensuring that their university is doing all it can to create a secure IT environment for its faculty, staff, and students
For more information or to apply for membership:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org