Welcome to The Department of Homeland Security and Kauffman Foundation IT Security Entrepreneurs' Forum (ITSEF) -- the only forum of its kind designed to bring together a select group of "change agents" and thought leaders to include our keynote speaker, The Honorable John G. Grimes, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks and Information Integration / Department of Defense Chief Information Officer. This year's forum is brought forth during a critical time as attacks and emerging threats continue to increase in sophistication and frequency against our nation's IT and Telecommunication critical infrastructures. The time is now to accelerate the search and implementation of "best of class" solutions that are being overlooked into our country's operating systems.
Do not miss this rare opportunity to listen to subject matter experts discuss IT security market trends, needs, processes and investment opportunities.
- Identify "best of class" solutions and help accelerate technology transition of security solutions into our nation's critical infrastructures
- Bridge the gaps between the solution providers and the end users through education, increased awareness and social networks
- Create a community of interest consisting of our nation's entrepreneurs/innovators, investors and the Federal Government, System Integrator and Private Industry security end users.
- Overcome barriers to entry. While business opportunities and budgets often dictate our paths, the new leaders will need to transcend economic, bureaucratic, corporate and cultural barriers to make real headway.
- Increase familiarity with government and private industry's most pressing needs, requirements, grants, processes, etc.
- Thought leaders: The Honorable John G. Grimes, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks and Information Integration / Department of Defense Chief Information Officer.
- IT Security Professionals from: Department of Defense, Department of Justice, National Security Agency, Central Intelligence Agency, Department of Commerce, US Secret Service, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Homeland Security, National Science Foundation, Man Tech Systems, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, General Dynamics, In-Q-Tel, DeVenCI, Nortel Federal, Cisco Systems, eBay, Oracle, researchers from academia & science and Venture Capitalists from Kleiner Perkins, Levensohn Ventures, Hummer Winblad, Norwest Ventures and others.
- Panelists and guest speakers who are among the nation's leading professionals who fund, build, deploy and purchase innovative IT security solutions. These leaders will discuss market trends, needs and opportunities with the goal of the participants leaving with a better understanding of how to best approach, access and address these markets during the critical first years of their venture.
- The steering committee encourages you to apply if you are a "change agent" with an idea, early stage or emerging company that addresses critical IT security end user needs. As you continue on your journey the IT Security Entrepreneurs Forum strives to provide relevant information and increased social networks that will accelerate your growth and bring you one step closer to success.